Lyric is placed entirely inside the ear canal by a Lyric trained hearing care professional. Thanks to its unique placement, Lyric remains completely invisible from the outside and allows people to enjoy their hearing again. And no matter how close someone gets, Lyric remains invisible.
Lyric is placed close to the eardrum and takes advantage of the ear’s natural anatomy to minimize background noise and to deliver natural sound quality. What’s more, wearing Lyric is so effortless your patients just might forget they are wearing a hearing aid - there are no batteries to change, no maintenance is needed and no daily insertion or removal is required.
Lyric is worn 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for months at a time. It can be worn during all daily activities - such as showering, talking on the phone, exercising, using headphones and even at night while sleeping.
New generation Lyric2 now available
- Lyric2 offers a 50% higher anatomical fit rate*. The device is smaller and shorter than the previous Lyric hearing aid.
- An ear canal length of 20mm is now required instead of 24mm.
- The device is available in two additional sizes, so it can also be fitted in ear canals with a considerably smaller or larger diameter.
- The new, oval shape of the device mirrors the shape of the ear canal.
- Lyric2 is no longer specific to one side and can be used in either the left or the right ear. The number of different device versions has therefore been reduced by 50%.
* Anatomical fit rate of 450 measured ears. Results of a clinical study by Tanya Arbogast (ScD), John Folmar (AuD), Phonak, USA, 2011/2012.
Lyric offers you an innovative business model
Lyric by subscription
With its unique positioning deep in the ear canal, Lyric represents a whole new product category. This calls for a new fitting process as well as a special business model: for the first time ever, the specially developed battery technology has helped to create a hearing aid that can be worn without interruption for up to four months. The integration of the battery in the device guarantees minimal energy use. When the battery expires, the device is removed and replaced with a new device. Lyric is thus ideally suited for selling by subscription.
Lyric appeals to a new patient base that other hearing aids have failed to penetrate in the past. This patient group is considerably younger, often in the prime of their lives. In addition, a substantial number of longstanding users of other hearing aids appear to be enthusiastic about and won over by the clear advantages that Lyric has to offer.
More sales opportunities
If Lyric is not the right solution for your patients, due to contraindications or because the model does not suit them, this offers you the perfect chance to inform your patients about other hearing aids available from Phonak. This will open up additional opportunities for you to generate more sales, to patients who would otherwise not have sought your help at all, or at least not until much later.